Wed, 17 Oct 2001 05:53:19 +0200
I second (and third  and fourth.....) the wish for an L-SOFT FOR
DUMMIES.  I spent many many hours - possibly a hundred or so -
trying to set up for a tiny list of about 300 of which I am co-owner
what a non-LISTSERV person would call a searchable archive.

In the end I gave in and went to Yahoo.

No-one at LISTSERV seems to accept the fact that a great number of
listowners are not programing freaks and simply don't understand the
manual. It's one of the most user-unfriendly documents I've ever
encountered. If it had been turned in as a piece of writing in any of
my writing courses I would have failed it.

It's a great pity that such a fine program has such an inpenetrable
manual.

Dennis

======

Dennis Newson (nominally retired)
formerly at the University of Osnabrueck
GERMANY
www.dennisnewson.de