Russ Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Oct 2010 11:40:32 -0300
Thank you to everyone who's posted in response to this (all the
familiar suspects -- Pete, Ben, Paul, Stanley, Wayne). This is
exactly what I'd hoped for, and I need to say that one of the
things I'll miss about being a listowner (I'm passing these two
lists on to others, after 15 years or so) is the astonishing
helpfulness of folks on this list.

As the new owners take over, I'll try to tell them how useful
this list is. I expect they probably won't believe me.

-- Russ

> I own two lists at a neighbouring university, running listserv
> 16.0, and I want to move them to other universities, also
> running listserv 16.0.
>
> I know that the transfer will have to be done by system folks,
> not by me as listowner, but I'm wondering if anyone else has
> done this and if I can expect the transfer to be seamless.
> (Essentially, is it just a matter of moving the files?)
>
> The most important part of the process is that the archive of
> the list remain intact and searchable via the listserv
> interface.  Are there cautions anyone could offer, or likely
> snags you know about?
>
> -- Russ
>
> Russ Hunt
> Department of English