Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 15:14:44 -0600
On 12/4/98 10:40 AM, Erich L. Markert <[log in to unmask]> wrote...

>Checked the manuals on this...  I had a list set to Auto-delete with
>Full-Auto and had a lot of people get dropped for various reasons.  I've
>set it to manual, but am curious what does semi-auto do? The manual didn't
>explain this very well (unless of course I'm blind - wouldn't be the first
>time).

Semi-Auto allows you to be a bit more forgiving with your Auto-Delete. It
will allow for a certain number of errors, or wait a certain period of
time, before deleting a person. Since some mail systems are unreliable,
and may report a temporary error that will be fixed in a day or so,
people get deleted unnecessarily.

Semi-Auto Auto-Delete can be configured with custom settings for how many
errors it will accept, and how long it will wait.

Read the Auto-Delete portion of Appendix B
(http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/owner/appendb.html#Auto-Delete), and see if
you're still having problems. After that, if you need more specifics,
feel free to ask.

--
Adam Bailey      | Chicago, Illinois
[log in to unmask] | "Logic is the art of going wrong with