"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 10:20:00 EDT
>Here is what I send (I guessed the commands from the LISTDB MEMO
>example, my guess is the SEARCH line creates a data set and the PRINT
>line dumps it)
>----- Sent command to [log in to unmask]
>//      JOB
>Database Search DD=Rules
>//Rules DD   *
>S 1001 in LSTSRV-L LSTOWN-L
>PRINT
>//*
>----- end of command

>---- Error message received
>S 1001 in LSTSRV-L LSTOWN-L

>Internal error 1001 while calling LSVDBS, search cancelled.
>---- end of error message

There are three "problems" with the above:

1) the JOB should have been sent to [log in to unmask]
   since LISTSERV does not do a global search for the location
   of DATABASE (unless you were to use the implicit GLX feature
   by specifying the generic address [log in to unmask]
   (listname causes LISTSERV to do a lookup and deliver to the
   site that host that public list, and nothing more))

2) '1001' is not a "good" search argument, thus instead of
    doing a PRINT, an INDEX might have been better (but causing
    you to do a recursive SEARCH); or pick a "better" search
    string(s) '1001' AND LSVDBS

3)  the real error is that LISTSERV machine needs more virtual
    storage (OK, that isn't your semantic problem, but the result)

>PS I tried to address the same job to other sites including the Netwide
>options and I got a "BLUES-L removed from search list" ...

Any list NOT hosted by the LISTSERV machine is automatically
removed from the search operands.

NETWIDE option is for a subscriber to do a world-wide delete
of his/her subscriptions -- nothing to do with DBASE

>--
>Eric Paul-Hus , "Database challenged" BLUES-L co-owner.

Note REPLY-TO + CC: LDBASE-L (you must be subscribed to respond).

--  co-owner:   INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]                "I get paid by the millisecond"