Tue, 30 May 1995 23:54:29 -0500
On Mon, 29 May 1995, Jeff Finlay, NYU wrote:
> A list I run (h-edit@uicvm) has now become [log in to unmask]
>
> I've deleted the h-edit subscribers and readded them to h-editor,
> but would like to allow the subscribers of h-editor access to
> the logs of h-edit.
>
> As I understand it, I need to put a FAC into the header of h-editor,
> eg

> and then make all the logs of h-edit HED OWN
>
> The part I'm not sure how to do is to change the FAC on H-Edit's
> logs from PRV OWN to HED OWN. I'm wart about inadvertently deleting
> logs, so I figured I'd ask here what to do.

Am I correct in assuming you have Review= Private on your old list, and
that is what generates the PRV "get" FAC ?  If not, I'm lost once again,
in need of guidance.  However, if I'm correct, you could maybe just change
your old list header to Review= Public , which would convert the FAC back
to ALL ?  (Sorry if that is way out of the ballpark, off the base lines,
I don't always understand exactly how Eric's stuff works exactly, as to
various parts interacting.  Hmm, looks like experiment time.)

Whether I'm correct above or not, I think Eric's suggestion that you move
the logs is really the best solution.  May not look like it now, but you
will be glad of it later, and so will your subscribers.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L