Mon, 27 Apr 1992 07:35:04 EST

> >Hi, I own a historically oriented list, WWII-L, and several of the members
> >have asked for information about similar lists.  I'd like to invite
 listowners
> >who own such lists to send me information so I can make a unified posting to
> >my list.  I will also supply information on WWII-L upon request.
>
> Requests for information about lists should be directed to the listserv
> list NEW-LIST, preferrably after you have done a search of those and
> other list databases.  To find out how to do THAT, please send the
> following listserv cmd to node NDSUVM1, aka vm1.nodak.edu --

Been there, done that.  What I wanted, and obviously did poorly, was to ask
LISTOWNERS to contact me.  I wanted to have interaction with other historically
oriented listowners so I could develop a "feel" for whom to contact regarding
questions outside the scope of my list.  History contains very few "discreet
events" and I want to point my members to the right list when a discussion goes
beyond the scope of the list.  I will NOT do this, however, unless I have the
consent of the listowner of the appropriate list.  This is a courtesy I expect
and thus one I must observe.
    I know the lists of lists is available, but I fairly sure it's not complete
and I'm also certain that there are historically oriented lists which wish
no contact with WWII-L, and so I'm offering listowners the chance to contact me,
and not intruding into their realm uninvited.

Larry J

#Larry W. Jewell (ex-USN) WWII-L Listowner    [log in to unmask]     #
#"Sunday's horoscope is noteworthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly#
#unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." #
#--"Your Horoscope," L.A. Evening Herald Express, Saturday, Dec. 6, 1941.   #