Thu, 29 Oct 1998 02:58:40 -0600
Well, knock me over with a feather, Ben.

I can't do the survey as it is incomplete and skewed.

I hardly need say anything as everyone already knows what I think,
I've said it often enough, but here goes.

1.  Prepare and release everything in plain lower order ascii FIRST,
    then convert it to word, wordperfect, etc.

2.  Do the refcards and keyword memos FIRST, make sure they are always
    current with the latest version, leave the "manual" until you have
    everything else final so that the manual truly is authoritative.
    I have been operating on the keyword and refcard memos, and questions
    when I can't quite figure out precise details,  for over seven years.
    Those memos should take precedence, always current, in a format anyone
    can use without having to have this that or the other word processoar
     program.  And make sure all previous memos are readily available for
    those using prior releases.

3.  Save the "manual" for when you "finalize" the release, make it
    authoritative (which you cannot do until you finalize), and
    then PRINT IT WHITH A *GOOD* INDEX.

As long as you keep the refcards and other memos current, take your time
on the manual and get it right.

I did say everyone knew what I would say, didn't I? ;-)

Douglas