Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 14:59:32 -0500
On 21 Dec 2006 at 11:48, Paul Russell wrote:

> Unless this feature has been added in LISTSERV 15.0, it requires a "list exit",
> which must be installed by the site maintainer. We are running LISTSERV 1.8e on
> Solaris with an exit which will prevent signoff, and another which will prevent
> both signoff and subscriber option changes. Both exits are written in perl. I am
> willing to share.

Another option, if this is an announcement list, not a discussion
list, is to make it an "HRL" (Hosted Recipient List) in LISTSERV
Maestro, and not enable the subscriber interface. Or use Maestro to
pull the recipients from an external database (or even a text file
maintained on the Maestro server).

--
Francoise Becker

There is only one LISTSERV(R) -- the product that launched the
email list communication industry in 1986. To discover the
story behind LISTSERV, visit:
http://www.lsoft.com/corporate/20anniversary.asp