Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 15:57:35 -0600
On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 23:24:50 -0700, Liz Marr <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>When I first read this, I thought, "Great, now I have a way to bounce
>messages with the bottom banner left on from a previous post" - but, alas,
>it doesn't work this way.  The server tacks on the bottom banner BEFORE
>it goes through the content filters.

Alas, yes, this is so.

On one of my lists, the BOTTOM_BANNER begins

--
                 more stuff here

So the only way I had available to set the content_filter withoth rejecting all
posts was

Text: >--
Action: REJECT Please resubmit your message, selectively edited, without
re-quoting the bottom banner.

Text: > --
Action: REJECT Please resubmit your message, selectively edited, without
re-quoting the bottom banner.

This allows for the most common 'quoting' symbol  which is '>' and since some
mail clients use '> ' and some just use '>' I covered both.  Of course it will
not catch anyone who uses '!', '}', or other quoting symbols.  8-(

This is a brand-new feature for LISTSERV.  Sometimes there are unexpected
consequences.