Jane Lyle <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 19:55:03 -0500
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, BD Pereira wrote:

> Our 300 subcribers on the list have suddenly stopped receiving the
> individual messages from the list by email.  We have a web interface,
> and message posted to the list do show up on the web interface, but no
> individual email messages from the list is being received by any of the
> subscribers.

Have you spot-checked the mail status of some of your subscribers? We
recently had an odd experience when people on one our lists suddenly
couldn't post. They began writing to ask us what they had done, and when
we checked, we saw that somehow they had all been set to nopost. When we
checked the config file, we discovered that "nopost" had mysteriously
appeared as a default setting for new subscribers. Neither of the list
owners had done anything to cause that to happen, and we never did figure
it out. We changed the config file and set everyone back to post, and
things have been fine since.