Harry Dewey <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:21:54 -0400
My list (Alpine-L) has recently moved from version 1.8d to 1.8e.  I can
no longer find the web template for our archives page.  This is the web
page that our subscribers use to bring up the  the join or leave web
page, the search the archives web page or the post a message web page),
and the archives pages for each month,
Specifically, the page whose template I'm looking for is
http://listserv.surfnet.nl/archives/alpine-l.html

I've made, over the years, lots of changes in many of the templates.  In
version 1.8d there were only about 20 to 30 web templates and,
similarly, just a few mail templates.  Even so, one had to search
through so many template names guessing which name would bring up the
desired template, that I long ago began to revised each web template to
show its name, usually at the end so as not to distract subscribers, i.
e. "This is the Alpine-L Subedit-Main page" (as you can see on line 5 at
http://listserv.surfnet.nl/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=alpine-l&A=1 )  This is
a great help.  You always know which web page you want to change, but
it's hard to remember their abbreviated names.  L-Soft OUGHT to have
included the name at the end of each template long ago.  I'm not asking
that now.  All I want to know is:

What is the template name of this page
http://listserv.surfnet.nl/archives/alpine-l.html
please?

Instead of the 20-30 web templates that 1.8d had, there are now
hundreds, listed in almost random order.  Trying to guess which one you
want is a nightmare, and the new "You can narrow the selection presented
in the template list above:" doesn't help if you can't guess the right
words to use.  I thought selecting the "modified templates only" option
might help, as I modified the archives page slightly, long ago, but that
didn't help either.  I'll appreciate anyone's advice.  Thanks.

Harry
--
Harry Dewey, active listowner, Alpine-L

Thanks