"s.merchant" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 8 Feb 1995 15:39:00 EST
A few questions on this subject:

1. What is the "standard" or easiest way to create a newsgroup
   bit.listserv.ballroom for my list "ballroom"?  I see many other
   bit.listserv.* lists, but apparently the process is not automatic.
   It also does not seem to follow any particular voting process.
   (I realize that not all sites carry the bit.listserv hierarchy.)

2. What address do I have to add to my list to gateway it to the
   Newsgroup, once it has been created?

3. Is the gateway bidirectional?  I.e., if someone posts to
   bit.listserv.xxx, will it automatically be mailed to list xxx?
   If so, where is this handled?  And what mechanism is used to
   ensure that the gateway operation only happens once per message?
   (I did notice that there did not seem to be anything that kept
   me from posting directly to a bit.listserv Newsgroup).

4. Is there more detailed documentation on this subject?

Thanks.

Shahrukh Merchant