Tom Newell <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 13:19:59 -0500

> >Has anyone been receiving sub requests from [log in to unmask]
> >My list is set to subscribe=by owner and I have received 15 requests in
> >two days.
>
> Yes, he signed onto all three of my mailing lists and then signed off all
> of them shortly afterward.  I'm fairly confident that he did it in order to
> snag the subscriber lists.  How can we find out where he gets his feed
> from?  I'd like to strongly encourage them to pull his plug.
>

> --
> Lefty [gYon-Pa] <[log in to unmask]>
> C:.M:.C:., D:.O:.D:.

Here is the "whois" record for WINTERNET.COM.  One place to start would
be with the names "technical" contact.

Whois: winternet.com
StarNet Communications, Inc. (WINTERNET-DOM)
9971 Valley View Rd
Suite 211
Eden Prairie, MN 55344

Domain Name: WINTERNET.COM

Administrative Contact:
Horwath, Michael  (MH130)  [log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]
(612) 588-7740
Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
McIntyre, Doug  (DM246)  [log in to unmask]
612-941-9177

Record last updated on 30-Aug-95.
Record created on 02-May-94.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS.WINTERNET.COM             198.174.169.5
NS.MR.NET                    137.192.240.5
NS.INTERACTIVE.NET           204.97.113.2

Tom
--

Tom Newell              [log in to unmask]    +1 703 742 4796
NIC Liaison             InterNIC Support Services