"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 09:06:00 EST
>>It's MUCH easier to use LISTSERV's DISTRIBUTE capability and absorbs less
>>network bandwidth to boot.  Check the docs, DISTRIBUTE is EZ and far
>>cleaner than sending messages with "To" many times larger than the
>>transmitted text.

>Glad to hear it. Where can I get the information mentioned? Bob Y

The usual LISTSERV command is:

INFO DISTRIBUTE

If you want to be maximally efficient, the list of users
("mail merge") should be in the form:

userid@fqdn BSMTP

where "BSMTP" is in all CAPS.  If not, LISTSERV will (eventually)
have to generate one e-mail per person instead of taking advantage
of the batching (efficient) facilities.

--  co-owner INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]               "IRA professional list-owner"
Favorite LISTSERV list: LSTOWN-L   Favorite LISTSERV cmd: DATABASE Search