Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 15 May 2003 09:06:54 -0700
Dear LSTOWN-L Folks,

>Sounds like they are going to have special provisions for e-mails
>coming
>from "legit" bulk e-mailers, which arguably is what a listserv
>is.

[gag, choke]

Does this new arrangement not appear to leave open the
possibility that "certain" spammers may be able to induce
earthlink management to allow their "special" spew through?
Like a value-added feature. They could be saying, "If your
messages must go through, pay earthlink first for the privilege
of mailing to our users."

I'm thinking particularly of the large, corporate spammers
called "mainsleeze" in anti-spam circles.

I really prefer to think of LISTSERV mail as "list mail,"
rather than "bulk mail."

 Pax,
Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]> 360-495-4521
Discussion list owner:
Allergy ---> http://www.Immune.Com/allergy/index.html
Arthritis ---> http://www.Emissary.Net/arthritis/index.html
Latex Allergy ---> http://www.Immune.Com/rubber/index.html