Tue, 22 Jun 1999 12:40:48 -0700
On Tue, Jun 22, 1999 at 12:57:37PM -0500, Holloway, Mike wrote:
> I know this is an old one, but I was hoping for some new miraculous
> breakthrough.  I use the Newsguy Usenet gateway for my list, and have to
> approve and resend the posts made to the newsgroup.  I have to look them
[snip]
> Unless there's been a breakthrough within the last six months, no POP mail
> client will resend with the original sender's address showing up in the
> LISTSERV From field.  I'm only aware of Pine and Elm being able to do that.

If "Resent-From: ..." will work for you, Eudora will do the job. I
posted the details about a year ago in response to a "it can't be
done with Eudora" post.

I don't remember the details (I run Mutt under Linux and Win95 is
becoming a hazy memory), but it should be in the archives. Searching
under [log in to unmask] should turn it up.

Roughly, you add a line in the Eudora setup that adds ExtraHeaders.
That's where you put the "Resent-From: ..." Then you use Eudora's
bounce(?) (can't recall the name, but it creates a "From: originaladdy (
by way of your addy" line)) to send to LISTSERV. To avoid putting
the "Resent-From: ..." in all your messages, you can create a
Eudora personality with its own setup file that you use only for
approving messages.

If you can't find the details in the archives, email me and I'll
boot W95 and try to find the original post(s).

BTW, since you're running Linux you might have a look at Mutt and Jed.
Mutt is a powerful (of course you can edit all headers) mail program
created by one of the original developers of Elm. It's under active
development and has an excellent support list. Jed/XJed 0.99-6 is an
excellent editor. The latest release (7-June-99) has drop down (via
F10) menus much like Borlands IDE. The default emulation is Emacs, but
it can be changed to EDT, IDE, and some others.

HTH,

-rex
--
In plumbing, a straight flush beats a full house.