Tue, 2 Feb 1999 21:35:02 -0600
> Why limit yourself to technology that was designed to work around the
> limitations of a teletype machine?

Did you ever use a teletype machine?  I did, send and receive, as
a newspaper editor.  Nothing like email.  And lest you've forgotten
one could send and receive photographs via them.  They were not as
primitive as you may think.

The point is a very great many of our subscribers CANNOT USE THIS
STUFF.  I don't know about you but I run my lists for my subscribers,
not to promote the products of some software company.  I am not going
to disenfranchize a great many of them because they haven't the latest
neato.  And I am certainly not going to allow self actuating codes.

Douglas