Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 02:51:37 GMT
On Wed, 18 Jun 1997 08:50:39 -0400, janis Roihl <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I was surprised to read this kind of judgement on this list. Glen asked a
>technical question. It deserved a technical answer.

In spite of my 'editorial' comments on the nature of the list in question,
I did offer 2 possible solutions to the technical question.

>>Ben wrote:
>>Seems ludicrous to me....

LISTSERV seems almost endlessly flexible, but when confronted with a
completely foreign situation, I felt I needed to ask the 'Emperor's New
Clothes' style question of 'why do this at all?'.  Trying to understand the
underlying problem(s) in answering a technical question, sometimes requires
probing beyond the surface.

 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]