Tim Rushing <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Jul 1993 20:24:49 PDT
I don't know if others have had this problem recently on other
lists, but we are getting listserv error messages apparently from
our local listserv stating that the message is being rejected because
a similar message has already been sent to the list.  However,
a careful examination of the message shows that it is coming from
ccmail.wiu.bgu.edu.  The message is being posted to the list.
My co-owner has been in contact with the postmaster at that site,
but she has no idea what is causing the problem.  Does anyone have
any ideas?

A copy of the error message is appended below.

Tim Rushing ([log in to unmask])
TESL-L Co-Owner
Your message is being returned to you unprocessed because it seems to have been
already sent to  the TESL-L list. That  is, a message with  identical body (but
possibly different headers) has been posted to the list recently, either by you
or by  someone else. If you  have a good reason  to resend this message  to the
list (for instance because half of the outbound spool files were lost in a disk
crash at  some intermediate node),  please alter the  message text in  some way
before resending  it. Note that  altering the  "Subject:" line or  adding blank
lines at the top or bottom of the message is not sufficient; you should instead
add a line  at the top explaining  why you are re-sending the  message, for the
benefit of the list membership.