Sun, 10 Nov 1996 19:13:55 -0600
On Sat, 9 Nov 1996, Barry Wolman wrote:
> need to be and results in wasted space in our archives.  Is it possible to
> configure LISTSERV to reject messages where the original content in the
> message is not N percent of the quoted text?  I think the original content
> should be at least as large as the quoted text.

There isn't a way to do that of which I am aware, though I have encountered
a gateway system at a university which bounces back to the Errors=
address anything with excessive quoting.  Unfortunately, these days
that's just about everything.

You can try to educate your subscribers, and maybe it will take for a
little while, but they will soon be back to quoting all of each message,
complete with enormous sig., every time they hit their handy "reply"
buttons.

Hmm, an "operator's license" required before "reply " can be used? ;-)

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L