Daniel Salaciak <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 30 Oct 2007 15:43:06 +0100

Greeting all. I'm having 3rd party users check out the application. Please refer
to the appropriate attachments for screenshots. We want the 3rd party users
to be able to subscribe and unsubscribe to lists but the user does not need to
create a listserv account (nor do we want them in the listserv www
interface). Here's the deal and my current issue:

000219.png shows a 3rd party person using the www listserv subscribe screen
(not part of the ListServ app even though it looks like it). The screen has
disabled links so the only buttons the user can click on are the
Join/Leave/Reset buttons.

000220.png shows the message that (thanks to Ben's help and others on this
forum) displays 'You must now check your email to confirm your signup!'
Again, it looks like I'm in ListServ 15.0 but it's only displaying the graphics and
none of the links work (i.e. there are no links on listserv.lgca.org and the little
icons etc. because I disabled the links in the html - again not in the listserv
application although it looks like it)  I'm forcing the user to stay OUT of the
listserv application - I just want them to subscribe or unsubscribe to lists, not
create a listserv account.

000221.png shows what the user sees in when they log in to their mailbox.
There is a link to confirm their request to join the list.  The user clicks on this
link which now brings me to 000222.png.

000222.png shows the message that the user has been added to the list. This
time, the user IS in the Listserv application and that's exactly what I do not
want. Now they can click on the links and go to subscriber's corner etc. BUT
the user doesn't have an account, doesn't have an account password, and
this screen should just get shut down. Instead, the curious user wants to log
in and they get confused where to go from here.

My question is: Is there any way to direct them to a similar 000222.png that is
NOT in the Listserv application, lets them know they have been subscribed,
and tells them to enjoy life. Maybe I've got this all wrong and they should be
directed back to the Listserv app so they can manuever around and see their
lists etc. But, because they don't have a listserv account and they've just
signed up for a list and are now directed to the Listserv application, the user
doesn't know what to do at this point. Maybe the user should be forced to
sign up in Listserv first before signing up for lists? Or, can we direct them to
another screen that keeps them out of the listserv application completely? I
need some expert advice again and appreciate any insight.

Regards,

Dan