Eric Paul-Hus <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 14:39:16 -0800
> I have approval on all subscriptions to my list, so this is really my
> fault.  I have a subscription with a rather odd address.  The address is
> invalid, and mail bounces.  Here's the entry from the daily monitoring
> report (with the name "x"ed out):
>
> 498 01/15 01/27 xxxx xxxxxx <"a 203"@EROLS.COM>
>                 Last error: SMTP; 550 <"a 203"@mail0.erols.com>... User
> unknown
>
> Obviously it's the space in the username portion thats causing the
> problem.  Accordingsly, I have tried every combination of single and
> double quotes I could think of to delete this subscription.  Here are the
> results:

Try:
QUERY List a*[log in to unmask]
If only that one sub come up (ie there is no albert203 in the same
domain) then use the wilcard to delete the sub:
QUIET DEL List a*[log in to unmask]

Since any user corresponding to the criteria will be wiped I strongly
recommand that *always query first* ... On some list deleting b*@AOL.COM
can wipe out many users "accidentally" ...

* replace one or many Chars (I don't think there is one for a single
character "?" maybe ?)

HTH
--
Eric Paul-Hus , BLUES-L