Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 19:18:50 -0400
On: Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 07:07:13PM -0400,Pete Weiss Wrote:

} True: YMMV ;-)
}
} One has to make a judgement on the value of their time and the benefit that might result.  The fact that you made any effort at all might be the only value.  If you took the time to contact a cognizant admin, perhaps through the use of a role account POSTMASTER, or did a WHOIS lookup for the domain and attempted to communicate with a hostmaster, that qualifies as an attaboy/girl in my book.

Yes, milage will vary widely.  I had a user bounceing because of a
(probably) misconfigured mail system (mailer mail.xyz.com cant relay to
[log in to unmask]) and list mail bounced.  I tried direct mail to the user.
Bounced.  Tried [log in to unmask]  Same cant relay bounce.  Did a
whois and mailed to the tech contact (different domain) and bounced.
Gave up and set user to NOMAIL at that point.

--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
Eastern time zone.   I speak for myself & my dogs only.     VM'er since CP-67