"David B. O'Donnell" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 17 Apr 1995 08:33:45 -0400

>The messages generated by AOL are fine.  It is the number of them
>(potentially hundreds in one day to the same sender (a list owner)).  Also,
>do you really want to tell a list owner that a subscriber has a full
mailbox?
> What can he do about that?

Yes, getting hundreds of bounces a day is irritating. I'm not sure what
exactly can or should be done about it, though.

As far as the full mailbox error, I -used- to set everyone to NOMAIL and
assume they'd eventually realise what happened when they stopped getting
mail. These days, I delete people whose quotas are exceeded. Belief-L (which
causes the bulk of the problems) is a high-volume list, and if subscribers
aren't willing or able to manage their e-mail (in the case of AOL members,
FlashSessions make it easy to pull down mail from the service to one's local
computer, thus avoiding the error) then they don't -really- want to be part
of the list.

--
__ David B. O'Donnell ([log in to unmask], [log in to unmask])
\/ AOL Internet Feedback/Response/Information Team Manager