"David B. O'Donnell - AOL" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 Aug 1996 09:10:47 -0400
In a message dated 96-08-08 01:49:28 EDT, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> I heard that AOL crashed today.

Unfortunately, there were problems yesterday which kept us isolated from the
rest of the net. (In case anyone is interested, I -don't- know the details)
Thankfully, I've only gotten two phone calls about it so far -- though I have
not had time to read the rest of my mail yet, so there may be queries in it.

The network is back up now, and we're doing our best to deal with any
backlog. Your patience and understanding are MOST appreciated.

--David O'Donnell