"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 14:01:00 EDT
>This error message states the "following subscribers" are being monitored -
>they never were subscribed.  I have only ever received thgis type of error
>message for people actually on the list.

I have seen Daily Error Monitor messages for folks who are not
on the list _per se._  Nevertheless they were subscribed
under a different address.

It appears though that the * Subscription= OWNER requests
(that notify the potential subscriber) have an RFC822 FROM:
field of:

From:      <LISTSERV@fqdn>

but the RFC821 MAIL FROM

MAIL FROM:<>

Thus I guess that those bouncing notifications would NOT
make it into the Error Monitor.