Song Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 5 Aug 1996 17:05:14 -0400
>I have had the same experience with vwar-l--the CompuServe subscribers seem to
>have less disk space.  I suspect that the problem with AOL is that they send
>out all those millions of free subscription disks and a lot of completely
>inexperienced users land on our virtual doorsteps.

I will note that AOL is one of the -only- sites from which I can
consistently tell -preciscely- what sort of error is going on so I know
what to do with it.  While I would prefer the process be automated, at
least I can tell what to do.

What I -really- hate is those messages which say "your message was
undeliverable for three days.  Delivery attempts will continue for the next
twelve days."  I.e., I know that even if I set someone to nomail right
away, I'll get bounces from them for the next three days, minimum, plus
possibly more errors for the next nine days or so.

--Julie

[log in to unmask]             http://drycas.club.cc.cmu.edu/~julie/

"Spit peanuts only at those you hate, or those you love."  The famous Grand
Master Llama (from the Naked Dancing Llama web page)