Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 07:18:36 -0500
On 6/28/2004 3:48 AM, Warhurst, SI (Spencer) wrote:
> I know this is not really a Listserv problem, but I'm wondering if anyone
> here has had more luck than me in finding out what the problem is... that
> is, we have a customer who uses Mozilla Firefox and the Listserv login
> cookie won't store on their machine. When they use IE it's fine, and when I
> installed FireFox on my machine it worked fine. I've had this problem
> reported to me before but it's been people using IE, so it doesn't seen to
> be browser related as such. Anyone found the magic answer to this?

The most likely reason is that Firefox is configured to accept cookies 'for
the current session only'. This is a check box under 'Tools / Options /
Privacy / Cookies / Enable cookies'.

It is also possible, though much less likely, that the cookies file has been
marked read-only. This is not likely to have happened accidentally.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator