Eric Paul-Hus <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 Jan 1997 12:42:12 -0800
Unknown wrote
> >Is there anyway to include the person's name who sent the post in the list
> >of hits when you search the archives?  If not, can this be added in a
> >future release?

The all Mighty Peter answered:
> Not specifically, just as free form text.  E.g.
> I can not do
>
> SEARCH * IN LSTOWN-L SINCE 97 WHERE SENDER CONAINS'James J Drzymala'
>
> but I can do
>
> SEARCH 'James J Drzymala' IN LSTOWN-L SINCE 97
>
> --  co-owner:   INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
> URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]                    "PSUVM.bitnet RIP 12/31/96"

1) Is that SINCE that prevents WHERE sender Contains 'XYZ' , I tought
that was doable ?

2) I read it and I think the original poster is referring to the INDEX
output ie the #.5Sender or Subject#.37 formatting "commands". I believe
I've seen it in one of Pete's "clip'n save" (referring to a subject that
prevented me of preserving it :-)
--
Eric Paul-Hus , BLUES-L