Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 8 Nov 1997 05:31:40 GMT
On Fri, 7 Nov 1997 10:24:48 -0800, Liz Marr <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>How do I
>tell the server that I want only ONE log?  IE. put the combined logs on the
>server and remove the a-b-c-d logs and only have the one log showing.

Although Nathan is correct about rebuilding the indexes, (PUTing the List
Header will also force a reindex), LISTSERV will not automatically combine
weekly archive files into monthly (or vice versa).  This is a manual edit
that must be done by the Owner.

Also, since this process necessarily involves creating new file names
(i.e. weekly files are LOGyymmA,B,C,D,E but monthly files are simply
LOGyymm) you may need the assistance of your Site Administrator to create
the correct new filenames and have them appear in the SITE.CATALOG file,
which is not normally accessible to mere List Owners.  How to do this
varies greatly depending heavily on the operating system and running
version of LISTSERV.  Consult the Manual about this.

Reindexing should not be done until all the files are straightened out.
 Ben Parker .......... (Aurora, CO) ........... [log in to unmask]