FunnyMan <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 23:36:01 -0500
Hello, everybody,

I want to share with you that last night, I was catching up my e-mails
then, done reading all of them, I received a private e-mail from my best
friend who did posted on my list, I deleted my best friend's e-mail and
tried to download more e-mail that I did not see the post. I found
nothing showed up so, I was unfortunately dead tired so, went to bed
then, the next day, I came home from work, I was wondering about what
had happened. I have a different list at the same site (not where my
best friend posted late last night) was received after a hurricane's
5:00 AM AST report since my e-mail is set as "Sort for order arrival"
(Mozilla 1.7) so anyway, I went into my header and it showed the time
differentation of the processing time and receive ends that was why I
keep getting the delays in receiving from one site (the two lists first
one is a digest and other is nodigest at the same site). and I played
with [log in to unmask] and tested it. It seemed to be
perfect. No significant delays in between PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM and my
e-mail server (Shellworld.net). Hmmmm.  I contacted my site
administrator, and he experimented with his LISTSERV and it was OK to
him -- no delays for him. I found it strange that I had been waited for
my command confirmation (for example, QUERY) so, I did waited and gave
up before I went to bed. I was frustrated from wait, wait, wait. So,
here is a header information,note to you that the LISTSERV is in PST
(pacific Standard Time) and my e-mail server uses GMT (Greenwich Mean
Time) so, you will understand what is going on between LISTSERV and my
e-mail's server. So, anyway, remember, the LISTSERV that I receives a
digest being sent to me at midnight daily by a LISTSERV's local time,
meaning that it should be there at my e-mail server by 8:00 AM GMT. So,
it had delayed to 10:03 AM GMT. I do not understand why. I also asked my
site administrator if my e-mail sent to LISTSERV was a delay or was it
LISTSERV's delay so, he sent me a copy of his LISTSERV logs and I found
out that my e-mail was executed and sent IMMEDIATELY as I remembered.
The logs gave me accurate time of execution of my LISTSERV command like
QUERY that was what my site adminstrator indicated to me. I said to
myself: Wow, I cannot believe that!

So, does anyone of you experience having to wait for your post or a
command for a long time in one of the LISTSERV's site other than others
that works faster than that??? Here is a recap of what I mean:

PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM sent to me IMMEDIATELY without a delay.
The another site that I experienced wait, wait, wait did not send to me
immediately, but LISTSERV itself did sent to me immediately, according
to the logs.

Here is my header below: