"Khatri, Shah" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 19 Aug 1993 08:29:00 -0700
We set up a LISTSERV list for a Congressman.  However, our liaison to the
Congressman told us the following:

>Apparently, the House Ethics Committee has to approve such things, and as
>part of their approval process they need to know the cash value of such a
>service (to insure the Reps. aren't getting a bunch of special perks, I
>suppose).
>
>We are not charged for email or LISTSERV accounts, so I have no idea what
>tell them.  Has anyone over there ever priced-out the cost of delivering
>email messages, maintaining a LISTSERV account, etc.?

What would be the cash value to the good Congressman of having a LISTSERV
list dedicated to him?  I guess we could factor in the following:

() Cost of maintaining our VM 3084 system
() Time required to maintain LISTSERV software
() Time required to support LISTSERV list owners and users
() Time required to monitor LSTOWN-L and other LISTSERV forums
() Time required to perform list owner functions for the list in question
() Future cost of LISTSERV software/support
() Storage space (the list in question is configured such that "Notebook=
Yes" = ))
() Bandwidth  = )

Help please!