Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 13:42:36 -0600
On 11/20/97 10:37 PM, Rain Goddess <[log in to unmask]> wrote...

>Is there any setting I can tweak so that LISTERV only uses the
>subscriber name as listed in the subscriber list when it sends
>out posts?

If you're asking if there's anything you as an owner can do, the answer is
no (unless you ask all your subscribers to take their name out of their
email program, which I wouldn't recommend). Your best option is to just
require that your subscribers note their affiliation in their message
(like somewhere in their signature), and hope that they'll understand your
reasoning and comply.

Now, if you're asking if there's any way to re-engineer the LISTSERV
software to make that work, I can't help you. But I doubt that's something
that L-Soft would allow or look kindly on.  :)

--
Adam Bailey      | Chicago, Illinois
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| "Do not take life too seriously;