Sat, 27 May 2000 09:07:28 -0600
this from a friend using aol 5.0:  including part of his header to show he
sent it as text only.

=================

Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 20:14:55 EDT
Subject: Re: Instructions for straight text
To: [log in to unmask]

.... by default AOL e-mail is set to send e-mails as straight text
unless you have added some pictures, colors or other fonts. For example,
if you change the default font size or color it will become rich text.
Just have the AOL users restore their default e-mail settings. These can
be changed when you are typing a message. They must use 10-point
black Arial font with the normal white background and, of  course, no
pictures.  I would also recommend not underlining, sending links, sending
attachments, using itallics or bold. I am not sure which of those ascii
does and doesn't support.

  ...Cleo  [log in to unmask]