"Lawrence B. York" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 19:00:24 -0500
On 25 Mar 97 at 18:07, Francis de Ruijte wrote:

> >From reading the Owner's Manual I understand I have to put in the header
> * Subject-Tag=  Listname
>
> But I also learn (by mistakes) that that is not enough.  What is missinig?

   Actually the Subject-Tag= header keyword can contain any
descriptive text you would like so the subscribers to your list can
distinguish it's messages from all others.  But, to your question.
In addition to changing your header you must also change the
subscription options for your subscribers as in:

      SET listname SUBJ FOR *@*

   You can, of course, preceed the command with the keyword QUIET if
you do not wish any notifications sent out.  Also, you could have
your subscribers do this for themselves if you prefer.  Any
subscribers who do not wish to have this, assuming you have set it
globally, can simply issue their own command to LISTSERV and SET
their own subscriber options to whatever they please.  Setting
subscriber options is covered in Chapter 5 of the ListOwners manual
for 1.8c and the SUBJ option is covered specifically in Section 5.3.6

   I hope this helps.

Lawrence B. York
L-Soft International, Inc.