Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 18 Aug 1993 07:36:12 EDT
I wish to set Editor equal to a list of 4 addresses, all of which need
to receive copies of incoming submissions.  Since Send= Editor will only
convey incoming mail to the first editor listed, I am trying to get
all 4 addresses into the first Editor= line, however they're not fitting
into the 80 character limit for the header.  Is there any way to continue
the first Editor line on to another line such that Listserv will
understand that all 4 addresses need to get all incoming copies?
(I know that I could have a second Editor= line but then they would
not get incoming mail.  Also, I don't whether there's actually an
80 character limit for list headers but I need to maintain such a
limit in any case since the list is mostly operated from a non-BITNET
address, i.e. through Internet e-mail.  Lastly, I've tried setting
Editor= Owner and then set 4 non-Quiet owners, but then I noticed
that in an experiment the submitted mail has not been conveyed after
2 hours, whereas if the editor's addresses appear directly in the
first Editor= line the transmission is nearly instantaneous.)

Thanks for any assistance!

-- Roger Burns  [log in to unmask]  [log in to unmask]
   List-owner, CFS-NEWS @ NIHLIST