Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 11:02:28 -0500
How this could be happening.... well, allow me to suggest that perhaps
this is the first time a computer used by one of your subscribers has
become infected with an email-generating virus. Your "internal,
undocumented list" is quite well 'documented' on each machine where a
subscriber has an email client installed and receives list traffic.
Others have already explained how/why entries may appear on the report,,
so I am only pointing out, a bit more bluntly, a suggestion for where
the event(s) may have originated that produced the results you're
seeing.  I would say the odds are rather high in favor of you having a
subscriber who is (or was) actively infected with NoVarg/MyDoom
recently, and they probably are, or have a buddy who is, a RoadRunner
subscriber.

>>> [log in to unmask] 02/02/04 01:57PM >>>
Sorry - I am still confused.

I understand that *bounces* and bounce errors can be from spam,
spoofed-address posts, and the like.

This was not that type of error - I get hundreds of those and ignore
them. This was from the Daily Error Monitoring Report, which I thought
was the method Listserv uses to verify *subscribed* addresses. Am I just
totally misunderstanding that?  And I have never seen this before. I am
concerned how this could even be happening for an internal, undocumented
list.

Sorry to be thick here...

Shannon