"Natalie Maynor" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 Feb 1992 11:01:58 -0600
> Moderate the list.  That is the solution.  Sure, it takes
> time, but you have a better list, one that includes or
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This, of course, is a matter of personal opinion.

> excludes whatever you want.  I don't subscribe to very
> many non-moderated lists (in fact, I think this is the
> only one!) because they are almost always poorer -- less
> focused, more cluttered with junk, etc. -- than those
> that are moderated.

One of the beauties of net-life is that there are lists to meet
all kinds of different tastes.   I avoid moderated lists because I
don't like them.  I often delete mail unread from the moderated
lists I do subscribe to because it arrives in spurts and because I
don't like having to wade through four or five messages I'm not
interested in to reach the last one in a bundle.  I much prefer a
steady flow of single messages, even though some of them are clutter.
   --Natalie ([log in to unmask])