Sun, 22 Jan 1995 20:57:05 -0600
On Sun, 22 Jan 1995, Larry Steinberg wrote:

> I have a client who wishes to start a list that he intends to charge his
> customers to subscribe to. Can anyone tell me how this is done, what I need,
> etc.?

I knew this would happen eventually, but, still, BOO, HISS!

And a question: is this person who wants to charge for subscribing to the
list going to pay royalties to those who answer questions about list
management on this and other lists, for which there is no direct charge?
If not, why not?  Maybe I and others will stop answering questions unless
we get our cut.

I've been asked to write a chapter for a book about the Internet,
specifically, list management and LISTSERV in particular.  I have some
qualms about it, one of them being that in writing the chapter I would
have to use knowledge I gained from this list, and those who have helped
to educate me should get a cut, but I couldn't posssibly recall everyone
who has helped me.  If we're going to start having commercial,
"pay-per-view," lists I may need to rethink that and become mercenary
while the getting's good.

       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L