Anne H Toal <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 May 1998 21:23:07 -0500
On Wed, 20 May 1998, Glenn Alperin wrote:

> To answer your first question first, their probably are.  Many people
> simply do not wish to learn to dal with any sort of shell environment,

I've got one such list on the site I manage. Looking at the logs, you can
see members of one particular list consistently making use of the web
interface to do searches. It's a very argumentative list and I think
people are constantly checking old posts to gather evidence. It helps that
the listowner is constantly mentioning the web interface to the members.
The people on the list aren't net oldtimers, or technoids, but they do
love to post and they aparently have an unquenchable thirst for looking up
other people's posts. The web interface has worked out very well for them.

-aht