Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 17:43:57 -0600
On Tue, 13 Apr 1999 09:13:53 +1000, Paul Wayper
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>We have an internal list that allows attachments, and we're posting to it
>via MS Outlook and the standard MS Exchange - SMTP gateway.  When a
>subscriber posts a mail with an attachment, the footer of the list (which
>is standard to all lists due to our DEFAULT.MAILTPL) doesn't appear.  Any
>idea why this should be?

If you look at the below example, you see that the bottom banner is correctly
added to the bottom of the message.  However, since it is added below the
"closing boundary" line, any MIME capable mail reader will ignore it and not
display it.  To make it displayable, the banner would have to be added in
multiple locations (all relevant MIME parts, but not to GIFs, etc) and this
requires complex intervention in the original message content, something
LISTSERV, by design, does not do.