Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 07:52:11 -0500
At 10:26 01/22/1999 +0000, you wrote:

|Am I correct in thinking that to successfully import bulk emails without
|me getting the OK command for every email address, I will have to send
|the following command to listserv...
|
|QUIET ADD listname DD=X IMPORT
|//X DD *
|internet-address1 Fname Lname
|internet-address2 Fname Lname
|etc...
|/*
|
|Is this correct?  Being a bit dense, what does DD=X mean?  Would it also
|be best to put my personal pasword when sending this command, if so
|where do I put it within the command?

Deborah:

Why don't you do a "test" run first e.g., use only a couple of addresses,
preferrably either "test" userids@nodes or friends who can be guinea pigs?

The "DD=X" notation is a hold-out of batch programming techniques
popularied by IBM in the 1960's for submitting "jobs" to the background
(that's before there was even a foreground. but not before there was a
playground ;-) -- I know: I was there waiting for my 24-hr turnarounds).

/P