Vince Sabio <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 08:19:25 -0400
** Sometime around 2:11 -0400 9/17/98, Paul Wayper (DPI ISD) said:

>People,
>
>I've just spotted a user exhibiting very suspicious tendencies: He has
>subscribed, reviewed and unsubscribed most of our public lists within
>a twenty minute period at approximately 8AM GMT.  I have written a brief
>note to him asking of his intent, but if (as I suspect) he is trolling
>for email addresses then I doubt I'll get much out of him.

IMO, there is very RARELY the need for anyone other than the list owner
to ever be able to access the subscriber list. In other words, it is an
egregious error on the part of the list owner to leave the subscriber
list "in the open" -- even if it's available only to subscribers. If
this is the case, then you can prevent further trawling (slightly
different from trolling ;-) by setting:

* Review= owner

HTH.

- Vince