Joe Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 19:31:20 -0500
I've subscribed to a certain majordomo-based list for ~4 years. I've
run unmoderated mailing lists myself for five years:
listmanagerboy of this certain other list is very hands-off, but I
actively participate. Listserv is superior to majordomo in many
significant ways, so a while ago I asked if he'd mind if I took over
the list and moved it to a Listserv. He was largely indifferent.

I recently found what *might* be a Listserv site that would be
amenable to hosting us, but all of a sudden this certain
listmanagerboy refuses to cede control because I intended to set
subscribers in the habit of forwarding entire copies of preceding
posts to the list on Review. He sees this as a form of moderation,
which it isn't: Original content is not considered.

At present, Mr. Listmanagerboy is being very imperious and piercing
and is sounding grudgeful. Even after ixnaying the Review plan, he
refuses to go for the changeover, which he could not summon anything
resembling an objection to before. This is someone who never posts to
the list (well, twice this last week, trying to track down a lost
subscriber, who appeared later that day, so why didn't he just wait?)
and barely even reads it.

Just a lesson for anyone in a similar circumstance. I'm sure some of
you will side with him. Your remarks are acknowledged in advance.

--
                                        Joe Clark
                            <http://www.interlog.com/~joeclark>