"Alperin, Glenn" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 16:26:45 -0400
Ione wrote:

>> At 3:14 AM -0800 10/28/97, Ione Smith wrote:
>> >I don't know what's causing it either, but I'd like to add my voice to
>> >those complaining about it. It drives me batty! Yes I'm also using
>> >Netscape (3.01), and the problem (posts from some sources not wrapping)
>> >is getting more and more common recently. What program are YOU using,
>> >Sherry?
>>
>> Eudora 3.1
>
>Then I'm gonna blame it all on Eudora. So There.
>
>;-)

;-)

>But seriously--maybe it's an incompatibility between the two programs.
>Have you found ANYONE having these problems who is NOT using Netscape?
>--
>
>Ione

Netscape is by far my biggest culprit on this issue, but I do have some
trouble with Eudora and any other mail program which refuses to include
both CRs and LFs after each line.

For the curious, I can easily create such a line myself, with little effort.  This paragraph will be so constructed and it should come across to you all looking very strangely (for those of you who can not line-wrap properly). In any event, this is only
one of the ways that line wrapping seems wierd to my view.  (actually had
to begin a new line after the word "only" due to my 255 character per line
limit anyway...)  However, I think I am getting either a CR or an LF here,
but not both, and my mail program needs both to function with readability
for some posts.  I'll bet that Netscape and Eudora include the other of
the two (either CR or LF which is not included in my above section).  This
problem is not exclusive to LISTSERV either as I participate on a Macjordomo
list which has two or three people with similar problems on my reading
end, and I have often recieved e-mail from my web page which is entirely
unreadable due to Netscape's implementation of their mail program Mozilla.

Anyway...

Glenn