"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Dec 1993 09:49:00 EST
(Perhaps we should followup on LDBASE-L (the list dedicated to these
questions)?)

>(1) Is it possible to direct the results of a batch job to be sent to
>another address, different than the one from which you sent the job?
>Occasionally one of my subscribers wants to know something and it's
>easiest for me to retrieve data myself rather than explaining the process
>to the subscriber (altho usually I try to encourage independence in this
>regard), but it would be nice on occasion to re-direct the output without
>my having to forward it to the subscriber as a 2nd step.

YES, see script below.

>(2) On a different topic, when I've tried to add to the end of a SEARCH
>batch command an option for WHERE SENDER CONTAINS ____ *and* WHERE SUBJECT
>CONTAINS ____ I get an error.  Is there a way to search on both a sender
>and a subject within the same command?

You only use one reserved word WHERE when qualifying.

>Also, question 2-A: I've noticed that I can't have more than one keyword
>following WHERE SUBJECT CONTAINS, unlike SEARCH which can take several,
>along with AND and OR operators, etc.; is there a way around this constraint?

No constraint, just a different syntax.  The free form text search (the
"stuff" before the "IN db") implies the AND Boolean operator.  KEYWORD
field operands do none such -- all keyword search Boolean expressionS
(SENDER and SUBJECT) must explicity state AND or OR and be
parenthesized.  (NB the same Boolean syntax that can be used after the
WHERE clause, can also be used in the free form text (after the "Select"
and before the "IN db") search i.e., explicit AND and parens, but NOT
vice versa.)

/* --------------------- clip and save ---------------- */
//ListSrch JOB Echo=no,reply-to=none,files-to="USERID@NODE"
Database Search DD=Rules OUTLIM=5000 f=mail
//Rules DD *
S * in lstown-l -
   where sender contains burns and subject contains (batch and option)
index date.8 sender.25 subject.45
/*
//  EOJ

Please observe the files-to=.  In my own private script, I have my
Bitnet address (which is redundant, but allows me to remember the syntax
whenever I need use it).  Also, I've added the f=mail on the DB Search.