Sat, 22 Jul 2000 18:08:11 +0200
Hello listmembers,

I am a newbie being a owner on a Listserv list used for discussions
between members. Open subscription, semi-moderated.

On finetuning the listheader settings I read about passive address
probing in the manual. Most of our members are even newbies on
Internet so therefor this option seems pretty useful to me.

What I can't figure out though is how I should place it in the
listheader. I know the Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto,Probe(30) part
<grin> but couldn't figure out if I also have to use the renewal=
line together with it. I read in the manual about "it is not tied
to subscription renewal" but since English isn't my native language
I couldn't figure out if that meant to leave "renewal=" out or in.

Both are currently set to:
  Auto-Delete= Yes,Semi-Auto,Delay(4),Max(100)
  Renewal= Yes,3-monthly,Probe

With "Errors-to= Owners" setting but this creates a huge amount of
errors for me to handle.

Not knowing the traffic rate at his list I subscribed to digest for
LSTOWN-L instead of mail so a CC to my address next to a list reply
would be welcome.

TIA,
Joop Reijenga (Netherlands).