Bob and Val King <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 28 Sep 1996 13:36:31 -0400
A while back, we went from monthly to weekly log files for one of my lists.
This seems to work a lot better since the file sizes are more manageable.
Is it possible to split up the log files which were created under the "monthly"
scheme, give the pieces the week-of-month suffix, and then store them back
on the server? (e.g. log9503 would become log9503A, ...log9503D)

Another, related question ... since I'll be in the files anyway, is it possible
for me to remove specific messages or pieces of messages without screwing up
the database? The debate on whether or not this is advisable has been settled.
I'm just trying to find out if it's possible and if the messages, once
removed from the log files, could be retrieved using a database search or if
they're gone forever.

Thanks.

Valorie King