Russ Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 May 2003 12:43:17 -0300
One of the most consistently rewarding features of listserv is
its ability to intercept (some) "out of office" messages and
send them to the list-request address.  I'm wondering, though,
where the parameters for interception are stored and whether a
listowner can tweak them.

There seem to be three categories: OOO messages that get
intercepted, OOO messages that go back only to the sender, and
OOO messages that get posted to the whole list.  I can't see
what triggers each, but I'd be happy to try to figure it out.
Warning members to set nomail (or asking them if they really
_need_ the damn things) is pretty ineffectual.

-- Russ
St. Thomas University
http://www.StThomasU.ca/~hunt/