Glenn Alperin <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 12:55:22 -0500
Deborah Cresswell wrote:

> All,
>
> Please forgive me if I have already asked a similar question to the
> group.  Anyhow here goes....
>
> I have set up a private discussion list and I have problems.
> Several of the subscribers are using our Internal Lotus notes system to
> carry out discussions on this list.
>
> The problem is that when a post comes through to them and they hit REPLY
> to respond, this should (in theory) go back to the list and not the
> original sender!  This does not happen, their responses go back to the
> original sender and not the listname.
> I have set up the list header as...
>
> * REPLY-to= LISTNAME

Try this:

* Reply-To= LISTNAME, ignore

This will force LISTSERV to send all messages back to the list unless the
subscriber specifcally writes in a different address instead.  What you have
there at the moment essentially says that if the reply-to header field exists,
follow that instead, and obviously, some people using Lotus Notes have their
own address inserted into their Reply-To field.

Hope this helps.

--
Glenn Alperin

One who refuses to speak has refused to have a voice.
One who refuses to have a voice will surely be forgotten.
And one who has been forgotten is never allowed to speak.